VaHi ATLetic FC 1 – GA Rev Reserves 2

VaHi ATLetic FC’s hearts were broken in the 2nd league match in a row when a late goal by ADASL opponent’s Georgia Revolution Reserves doomed the Virginia Highland’s club to it’s 2nd successive league loss by the score of 2-1.

The Revs Reserves, who brought a vocal following of supporters, fought back from a 1st half VaHi goal from Ehjayson Henry to score two 2nd half goals, both by Clayton Adams, to doom VaHi to the defeat. The result means that the Revs remain locked in a neck-in-neck battle with league leaders Majestic while VaHi lose ground in their bid to challenge for the league this year.

The match started brightly enough for VaHi as they had the early running and possession in the match. The VaHi midfield held strongly in the early going and VaHi had the majority of attacking chances while soaking up the Rev counters with confidence.

Ehjayson Henry opened the scoring today with a striker’s goal.

This playing advantage gave VaHi the early lead when a through ball released Ehjayson Henry on a run deep in the Revs half where he expertly dispatched to give ATLetic the lead 1-0. That was the score going into the half.

In the 2nd half the Revs Reserves came alive and took the majority of possession as well as chances on VaHi goal. This increased pressure bore fruit midway through the 2nd half from a free kick from distance. Clayton Adams did the honors as he got the ball around the defensive wall and beyond the reach of VaHi goalkeeper, Bradley Bugg to equalize.

Clayton Adams was effective enough with a brace of goals to give Revs the victory.

The goal only increased the impetus from Revs as they now took command of the match while VaHI seemed to have lost a step as they attempted to soak up the Revs new attacking pressure.

VaHi were doing a good job holding the Revs increased attacks while attempting to hit on the counter and it looked as if a draw was on the cards, but that would change late on in the half.

After a good VaHi move forward was repelled by the Revs defense, a long ball finally unlocked the resolute VaHi back line and once again, Adams was on the score sheet with an expertly taken goal and a very late lead 2-1.

VaHi increased their own pressure in the closing minutes with several good chances to score but to no avail. The final whistle would blow confirming the bad news of another loss for VaHi and now the tough task for the boys from Virginia Highlands to turn things around to renew their challenge for the league this season.

Next match for VaHi is against MOBA Reserves at MOBA stadium on December 9th at 1pm. Attendance is FREE to the public.